Non-Profit Organizations basically work for the betterment of society. Each law determines the registration process of a different type of organization and choosing the kind of registration process is very important. Are you planning to register the NGO? If yes, our expert will help in choosing the suitable option and will assist you with the Online NGO Registration process.
Among India's Top Consulting Firm
OVERVIEW OF NGO REGISTRATION
NGO is a non-profit organization that functions independently. In India, NGOs can be registered as a Society, Trust and section 8 companies depending on the activity an individual wishes to undertake. A Non-Profit Organization is a voluntary group or institution that works for a social cause.
In common understanding of the status, NGOs are involved in carrying out the activities at a wide range only for the benefit of the society at large. The activities performed by the NGOs include but are not limited to-Environmental, Social, Advocacy and human rights work. NGOs work to promote social or political change on a wider scale and also play a critical part in developing society, improving communities, and promoting citizen participation. There are three legal ways an NGO can be registered, which are as follows: – (1) Trust (2) Societies & (3) Section 8 Companies.
What are the Types of NGO Registration in India?
In India, an individual is free to perform social activities without structuring an entity or organization. However, an individual wants to form a group that involves participants, activities, and resources, it is essential to have proper management in place.
To run the NGOs in the form of (Companies, Trusts, and Societies) in an accurate manner, a certain set of rules need to be followed. To register any of the below-mentioned ways, an applicant needs to follow the various laws. NGO registration can be done in 3 ways:-
Trust Registration under “The Indian Trust Act, 1882”
Society Registration under “Societies Registration Act, 1860”
Section 8 Company Registrations under “The Companies Act, 2013”
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR NGO REGISTRATION
- Objective of the Trust Deed.
- Particulars of the Trustee and settlor (Self-attested copy Id and Address Proof along with the information related to occupation).
- Trust Deed on Proper Stamp Value.
- Photographs of Trustee and settlor.
- PAN Card of Trustee and settlor.
- Documentation for the Trust Registered Address. In the case of rented property (NOC from the Landlord is required).
For a society registration, below-mentioned documents are required:-
- Name of the society
- Address proof of the working space.
- Identity proof of all the 9 members
- 2 copies of the Memorandum of Association and By-laws of the society
- Copy of Identity Proof and Address Proof (Including PAN Card).
- DIR-2(Consent of the directors) along with ID& Address proof
- Utility bill not older than 2 months
- Proof of registered office address
- No objection certificate is required if the registered office is not taken on rent.
- Affidavit regarding deposits
- INC-14 -Declaration by Professionals
- INC-15-Declaration by Promoters (INC-14 and INC-15 shall be on the stamp paper, duly notarized).
- Estimated Annual Income
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Particulars of the promoters as well as Board Members of the proposed company