Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Apply By: 22 Aug 2022
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
Young Entrepreneurs Programme
Entrepreneurs have the potential to create immense social and economic value for a country. However, an entrepreneur’s journey is not without struggles – at both personal and professional levels. The Young Entrepreneurs Programme (YEP) aims to prepare young entrepreneurs to address and overcome these struggles.
This programme is intended for young entrepreneurs who want to improve their personal leadership qualities and the organizational and financial performance of their firms as they launch and grow high impact businesses.
- Opportunity to learn from IIMA faculty with deep research and teaching expertise related to entrepreneurship, leadership, strategy formulation and implementation.
- The structure of the programme— two modules that are one month apart— will afford participants the opportunity to reflect on their learnings of the first module, apply them in their business context and share their experiences with the same cohort in the second module and build further on their learning.
- A strong cohort of participants who are young entrepreneurs from various industries who will share insights drawn on their experiences.
- Relevant cases and readings that provide a deep understanding of the strategic, operational, and leadership challenges involved in launching and growing entrepreneurial ventures and small-medium and family-owned businesses.
- Focus on decision-making and action that enables content to be implemented by participants to enable them to become effective entrepreneurial leaders and general managers of high growth/high impact firms.
- Analytics and tools needed to become a successful entrepreneurial leader and general manager.
- Interactions with young and successful entrepreneurs.
- Annual reunions at IIMA campus for all the batches of YEP.
Entrepreneurship: to be a successful entrepreneur
- Leadership, entrepreneurship, self-effectiveness, design thinking (how to create/design an organisation), growth of small and medium enterprises, governance issues in family businesses and IPOs/venture capital.
General Management: to be an effective general manager
- Strategy formulation and implementation, advanced marketing management, finance and accounting, and advanced supply chain management.
- This programme is for young entrepreneurs who have launched new ventures and who aspire to grow their small or mid-sized enterprises into high impact businesses.
- This programme is also for young entrepreneurs and business leaders who want to improve the financial performance of their current businesses.
- Entrepreneurs who would like to go through executive education programmes on general management and specialized programmes on entrepreneurship and leadership would benefit greatly from this offering. Second or third generation members of a family business or promoter-led firm will benefit from this programme as well.
For more information please check the Link