Organization: National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE)
Apply By: No Deadline
Free/Paid: Paid (INR 15,000)
About the Organization:
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management, known as MANAGE, formerly National Centre for Management of Agricultural Extension at Hyderabad, is an autonomous agricultural education institute located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The aim of the institute is to install managerial and technical skills to Extension Officers, Managers, Scientists and Administrators in the agricultural economy, to enable them to provide support and services to farmers and fishermen for practicing sustainable agriculture.
Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Extension Management (PGDAEM)
MANAGE Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Extension Management (PGDAEM) was launched in 2007 and completed nine batches so far, on a distance mode for the extension functionaries of Agriculture and allied sectors of the Central/State/UT governments, SAUs, KVKs and also for the functionaries working in Agri-business companies and Agri-enterprises, NGOs, Banks and Cooperatives etc.
The PGDAEM (distance education) has received an overwhelming response from both public and private sectors. In order to increase the reach out and cover large number of candidates, MANAGE is launching an alternate PGDAEM program i.e. Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Extension Management (PGDAEM-MOOCs) using Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), an online e-learning platform.
- To enhance the techno-managerial competence of extension functionaries
- To acquaint the extension functionaries on the latest developments in the field of agricultural extension
- To equip the extension functionaries in latest tools and techniques for participatory decision making
- To develop an insight into various extension models to enrich the agri – value chain
- The Diploma is open for the extension functionaries graduated in agriculture and allied areas and currently employed in the state / central / UT’s Govts
- A minimum five years of work experience in the field of agricultural extension. Relaxable in case of deserving cases.
- Preferable age limit is up to 45 years. However, it is relaxable in exceptional cases.
- Candidates working in Agri-Business Companies, NGOs, Cooperatives and other private sector are also eligible on self-financing basis.
Selection of Candidates:
The candidates for admission in the Diploma course will be identified and selected by concerned ATMAs following the prescribed criteria. The application of selected candidates must be forwarded through the State Nodal Officer. The admission to the Diploma Programme is made once in a year. Last date for receiving the names of selected candidates from State Nodal Officer is 30th November.
Duration: The duration of the programme is of one-year, spread over in two Semesters with 32 credit loads, each credit load is equal to 30 work hours. In each Semester contact classes will be held at SAMETI / an identified institute.
For more information please check the Link